Do you have any nuclear weapons teaching resources – simulations, games, syllabi, podcasts, powerpoints, etc.?
Well, Highly NRiched wants to feature it!
The Highly NRiched Content Contest is offering cash prizes for original teaching content and other classroom resources for our open source website. Enter the contest now by creating your user profile and uploading your content now! Terms and conditions apply.
Highly NRiched Content Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
The prize: Two $1,000 prizes for original teaching content not published elsewhere (e.g. games, simulations); and one $500 prize for all other teaching resources (e.g. podcast, syllabi, powerpoints). No other prize substitution permitted except at the discretion of Highly NRiched, a fiscally sponsored project of New Venture Fund (“Sponsor”). The prize is nontransferable. Winner selected at random and is eligible to win multiple times. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
How to enter: You may enter the Highly NRiched Content Contest by logging into highlynriched.com and uploading content following the below instructions. The contest will run November 22, 2021 to January 15, 2022. One complete content upload per contest entry, multiple entries allowed. Winners will be selected at random and are eligible to win multiple times.
- Create a profile on Highly NRiched website
- Upload content onto the Highly NRiched website (see below for what makes a submission complete)
- Submission numbers are unlimited so long as complete, and as long as separate submissions by the same contestant are each unique and non-duplicative. Each separate content upload is considered one entry into the contest.
- Contest will run 12:00 noon EST on November 22 to 11:59PM EST on January 15, 2022. Winner will be announced by March 1 at 12:00 noon EST.
- Must be over 18 years old to enter, a US or UK resident, and eligible to receive funds from a U.S. entity.
A submission is considered complete if it:
- All elements of the learning materials are accessible via link, download, or online search. If you are submitting a syllabus this does not mean that all of the articles must have active links, only that it is possible to locate all assigned material.
- Specifies a learning objective in the submission portal. The learning objective should describe the expected outcome upon completion of the activity (e.g. simulation, game, video, syllabus, powerpoint presentation, etc).
- Has a connection to the Highly NRiched website platform’s topical objective of nuclear weapons.
- In the sole discretion of Sponsor, is sufficiently complete and detailed to serve as a resource to teachers or students on a qualifying topic.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules.
- Contest entries are void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Sponsor reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the contest, in whole or in part, or modify the contest in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Contest will run 12:00 noon EST on November 22 to 11:59PM EST on January 15, 2022. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel the contest in its entirety, if it becomes technically corrupted or because of non-authorized human intervention or for any other reason.
- Eligibility. Must be over 18 years old to enter and eligible to receive funds from a U.S. entity. Employees of New Venture Fund’s N Square project, funders of the Highly NRiched program, and members of the NRiched team, and the children, parents, spouse, and members of the household of any such individuals are ineligible to participate. No purchase necessary. To receive payment, winners must become a vendor of New Venture Fund, which includes providing a W-9 and EFT form for US residents and a W-8 and Wire Transfer form for UK residents.
- Effective date of entries. Entries made online will be considered submitted on the date and at the time effectively transmitted to Sponsor. Entries submitted by mail will be considered submitted on the date and at the time Sponsor receives the entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Highly NRiched and New Venture Fund and will not be acknowledged or returned. You are responsible for any associated costs of entering, including online access charges.
- Selection of winners. Winners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible submissions received. Drawings will be held as soon as is commercially reasonable. As a condition to receiving the prize, winners must agree to the use of their names, voices, and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Submissions must be considered complete by Highly NRiched, in its sole discretion, for their entry to be valid.
- Notification of winners. Contest winners will be notified using the email provided in their Highly NRiched profile. An email will be sent to the winner within 5 business days after the random drawing. All NRiched decisions are final and not subject to appeal. Should the email be returned to the Sponsor as invalid, two more attempts will be made via email. Winners must respond to Highly NRiched within 5 business days from the date the notification is sent by Sponsor to claim their prize.
Failure to contact Sponsor within that 5 business days period will result in immediate disqualification of the selected entrant and a new winner will be selected. No exceptions will be made to this rule. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.
- Odds of winning. The odds of winning any drawing will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account.
- Other conditions. By submitting content for entry into contest, you hereby grant to Sponsors a perpetual, worldwide right and licence to use, publish, distribute, reproduce, copy any intellectual property developed in connection with the Agreement, including the Project IP, for non-commercial purposes (the “License”). By submitting content for entry to the contest as provided, you further agree to, at Sponsor’s request, to execute all necessary or appropriate documents and take all other reasonable steps to document or formalize such License. You agree to provide, upon Sponsor’s request, at least (1) physical or digital copy of any final media project created from the Project IP in a form sufficient to enable NVF to use work for the purposes of the Project.
- Representation, Release and Indemnification.
- You represent that you own or possess sufficient legal rights to all patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names, copyrights, trade secrets, licenses, information and other proprietary rights and processes incorporated into your submission and that your submission is not in any violation of any material license or infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- You agree that Sponsor has no obligations to you under this Agreement, other than, in the event your entry is the winning entry, providing notice and payment in the manner provided. Further, with respect to any potential claim by you in connection with this Agreement or the contest, you hereby release and hold Sponsor, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the contest, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, its officers, directors, trustees, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims from third parties, liabilities, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), directly or indirectly, wholly or partially, arising from or in connection with any act or omission of any kind in connection with your submission to the contest.
- Choice of law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Sponsor in connection with the contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of California.